Friday, November 24, 2006

In general, I have two accents. A local one and a slightly american accented one, which I use for more formal occasions. Lately, I've been speaking to my bro more often and he fedback to my mum that my accent was very local. So now my mum wants me to practice using the formal one as she doesn't want me to make the singaporean one a habit. Hmph. I guess in the family I wouldn't sound out of place as everyone speaks an accented english. But to my friends, please pardon me for sounding like a snob who is trying to act all ABC and everything. Haha. I had to endure enough taunting previous, and the everfrequent question " Why do you speak like an angmoh?" Like dude, how the hell do you explain an accent or something? I suppose the most probable reason was that I grew up in a predominantly british neighbourhood? Then again, I don't have that stiff upper lip enunciations on my words, now do I?

Going out with the girls to vivo later, but i'll probably drop by to visit my dad first.

No comments: